Intelligence is one of the Core Stats Steele and other creatures have. It represents general mental aptitude as well as overall mechanical and technical skill. In practice, Intelligence is most important for Tech Specialists, which have several perks and abilities that rely on it. It is mildly important for Smugglers; Sneak Attack and Aimed Shot include 1/2 Intelligence as bonus damage. It is least important for Mercenaries; only Carpet Grenades and Detonation Charge benefit from Intelligence. If you have the Fuck Sense perk, Libido will be substituted if higher for many checks. However, there are many interactions that involve technology and/mental acuity which benefit from having a high intelligence, and not all can be replaced with Libido this way.
During character creation, the Bookworm upbringing increases this stat by two while Athletic decreases it by one. Choosing Intelligence Affinity increases starting Intelligence by one in addition to making it easier to increase the stat later on through gameplay. However, it does not affect any static increases added through level-ups. Due to the stat cap for level one characters being five, these bonuses only partially stack, allowing you to start with anywhere from two to five Intelligence.
After character creation, Intelligence is generally more difficult to increase than physical stats are but various items and events still have a chance of increasing it. Note that this list may be incomplete.
- Most but potentially not all transformatives that increase it tend to be slow, chance-based, have an upper limit, and decrease other stats in the process. They include:
- Goblinola Snack Bar
- Crackle Jelly(Note that this is currently unobtainable)
- Playing chess with Semith will slowly increase Intelligence. However, as this can only be done once per day, it is a very slow method.
- Playing Caves & Cryptids with Yoma will slowly increase Intelligence.
- One of Syri's talk scenes slowly increase Intelligence. To trigger it, have sex with her at least once then visit the bar in the morning. Once in her interaction screen, holding down the 1 key skips through all of her talk scenes extremely quickly, effectively causing a constant and extremely fast intelligence gain until it's maxed out. Considering how easy this method is, however, it will likely be removed in the future.
- Note: "Drug Fucked" perk will half intelligence gains
- Note: "Weak Mind" perk will double intelligence losses
- Cum highs status effect reduce Intelligence by 1-3
- "Dumb4Cum" perk
- Increase Max intelligence by (1 * Level)
- Increase intelligence by (1 * Level)
- After 24 hours without drinking cum
- Reduce intelligence by 1 for every hour without cum after 24th hour
- Increase Additive Minimum Lust by 1 for every hour without cum after 24th hour
- After drinking cum
- Restore intelligence to normal
- Reduce Additive Minimum Lust to normal
- Horse Pill
- Intelligence more than 25%
- Reduce intelligence by 1