Queen Taivra's Palace
Queen Taivra's Palace
|Queen Taivra's Palace|
Map of Queen Taivra's Palace
Queen Taivra's Palace is an essential story-related dungeon located in the Deep Caverns of Myrellion, connected to Seifyn's trading post. Here, Captain Steele will need to locate the Steele Tech data probe and possibly unlock the coordinates to a new planet.
After reaching the appropriate location, Steele must appease the praetorian guards to gain entrance to the palace grounds. There, Steele is able to meet with Queen Taivra in the palace's throne room as well as encountering some other notable characters, including Steele's cousin and Dane. Taivra possesses the data probe and Steele will have many options available to get to it.
Recommended Level: 7+
Areas and Encounters
Once at the palace, Steele will be able to encounter a number of potentially hostile characters.
- Nyrean Praetorian Guards - Elite guards of the palace grounds. Found gating the entrance to the palace.
- Nyrean Princess - Princess and overseer of the palace harem.
- Incubator Goo - Queen Taivra's living egg incubator.
- Queen Taivra - Queen of the palace. Located in the throne room.
- Queensguard - Taivra's personal bodyguard. Found by the queen's side.
Beyond Seifyn's trading post lies the gates to the royal nyrean palace. There are a group of guards patrolling this area and Steele must Approach them to get pass the gates. Steele can choose to Attack or Persuade them.
Starting a fight will result in combat. If Steele loses the fight, they will prevent Steele from entering. If Steele is victorious, the guards will accept defeat and the gate will be open for about 12 hours time before the guards return again.
Trying to persuade them will give Steele several options for Steele to offer them, including Sex and Credits. If Steele chooses to pay them with credits, they will refuse and Steele can offer up the Platinum 190 instead.
Successfully persuading them will allow Steele to gain access to the palace but will be taken straight to the queen's throne room. Defeating the guards in combat will allow Steele to pass the entrance and freely walk the palace grounds.
In this room, Steele may encounter the Nyrean Princess who will start off as a hostile encounter. If she is hostile, Steele will be given the option to Join her harem or Resist. Joining her will lead to a bad end, and resisting her advances will lead to combat. She will drop her shield after defeating her in combat. Losing to her in combat will also result in a bad end.
Returning to this room after defeating the princess will show the princess as having been strapped up and continuously used by the royal harem. With that, Steele may have the option to Join Orgy.
It is possible to avoid encountering the princess entirely (and her related sex scenes) if Steele meets the queen and becomes a "Nyrean Royal" before ever accessing the harem.
This is Queen Taivra's bedroom. Inside, Steele will find a gloryhole on the wall and (with the proper anatomy) Steele can choose to Use Gloryhole or Step Back. In either case, the ganrael incubator on the other side will become a hostile encounter and Steele will have to face her in combat. Losing to her in combat will result in a bad end.
It is possible to avoid encountering the crystal goo girl entirely if Steele meets the queen and becomes a "Nyrean Royal" before ever accessing her chambers.
Returning to this room after passing, or bypassing the hostile encounter, Steele may Search the room to find any important loot, namely the key to gain access to the queen's throne room.
This is the room where Queen Taivra, along with her throne, and Queensguard are located. Steele can either gain access to this room directly by appeasing the praetorian guards or by finding the key to the gate and going inside. Either way, Steele will be able to talk to the queen, and depending on the choices Steele makes, may make Queensguard and/or Queen Taivra herself hostile or friendly encounters.
Initially, Steele will have the option to engage in a Fight with both, clarify that Steele and Steele's cousin are Rivals, try to make Peace, tell her that Steele is only after the Probe, or try and cut a Deal with her.
Fighting her will make both her and Queensguard hostile and will result in consecutive combat, one after the other, with an option to get Dane involved. Losing to either opponent will result in a bad end. After defeating Taivra, Steele can Fuck Taivra, Kill Taivra, Subjugate them both if Steele has both learned about Nyrean culture from Seifyn and defeated them without freeing Dane, or simply leave. Defeating Taivra may seal the gates of the palace after 12 hours, making re-entry impossible.
A nonviolent solution is also possible, which ends up with Steele using their Codex to officially marry Taivra(which doesn't seem to have in-game effects yet but probably will later). There are several possible methods for success, primarily based on Steele's Personality type, but failing to convince her of your sincerity, mentioning the Princess, or trying to make deals she isn't interested in several times in a row will burn through Taivra's patience and initiate combat. Routes to guarantee success include Peace, Deal, Alliance, Partnership for Kind characters; and Probe, Alliance, Partnership for Mischievous ones. Mean characters cannot currently resolve the situation without violence.
Either subjugating or marrying Taivra results in gaining the Nyrean Royal perk and free run of the palace, including a number of sex scenes.
If Taivra does not become hostile with Steele, it is possible for Dane to break free while Steele distracts the Queen and her subjects long enough (with the prospects of a married alliance with the queen). Once free, Dane will incapacitate Queensguard, free Steele's cousin, and both will flee the scene.
If Taivra becomes hostile, Dane can be set free during the battle with Queensguard or Taivra herself. Once set free, he will be present during the fight with Queen Taivra. Taivra will see this as an intentional threat, and as a result, she cannot be subjugated afterwards.
In the battle with Taivra, his combat actions include:
- Four-Armed Grapple - He will attempt to grapple Taivra, forcing her to miss a turn.
- Grip Spear Stab - Dane grabs a spear from a guard and stabs Taivra with it, dealing kinetic damage.
- Pummel - A four-time attack with a chance of hitting Taivra for each attack, dealing kinetic damage.
Regardless whether or not Steele decides to break Dane free or engage in combat with Taivra, Dane will inevitably escape with Steele's cousin, greatly wounding Queensguard in the process. Queensguard will have about 13 hours before recovering from the injuries.
There are a couple of ways to end the confrontation with Taivra and retrieve the data probe:
- Defeat Taivra in combat (finishing with any option). Return to the D.M.Z. airstrip and get paid for the probe's bounty.
- Alternatively (while Myrellion's surface is not destroyed), if Taivra was not fought and married instead, then after Steele has had sex with her on her "throne" 3 times or more, Steele may have the opportunity to question the queen about her Throne? and offer to buy a new one (for 5000 credits). After doing so, Taivra will be convinced and Steele will make the purchase. Steele can then proceed to the airstrip to turn in the data probe and pick up the new throne.
To get the coordinates of a side planet:
- After successfully turning in the dataprobe, Steele will run into Shade again, unlocking the coordinates to Uveto.
- Alternatively, the coordinates to Uveto can be obtained via the Ice Queen distress call (regardless of the outcome to this mission).
Optionally, Steele can become an official "Nyrean Royal" of the Palace by doing the following:
- If Nice, make Peace with Taivra, then cut a Deal with her and choose to form an Alliance. Follow up on that deal by making the Partnership official and getting married to her.
- If Mischievous, convince Taivra of the Probe in order to make a deal with her and choose to form an Alliance. Follow up on that deal by making the Partnership official and getting married to her.
- Alternatively, Subjugate Taivra after defeating her in combat, then leave and return to the palace for the coronation status to be official.
Notable Items and Rewards
- Silver Key - Found when Steele chooses to Search the Queen's Chambers. Used to open the gate to get to Taivra's throne room.
- Satchel of Gems - Found when Steele chooses to Search the Queen's Chambers. Can also be dropped by Taivra if Steele decides to execute her.
- Mark I Shield Generator - Dropped by Nyrean Princess after she loses in combat. Can also be dropped by Taivra if Steele decides to execute her.
- Taivra's Spear - Dropped or given by Taivra after she loses in combat.
- If Steele becomes the official "Nyrean Royal" of the palace, a spoil will be given to Steele at the value of 100 credits per Steele's current level every week after the coronation. The spoils are only distributed when Steele enters the palace.
- 20,000 credits after reclaiming the Steele Tech data probe at the airstrip.
Lose to any combat encounters in the palace, or willfully joining the royal harem, will result in one of a number of bad ends, variation based on the character Steele has lost to.