Steele Tech Probe
Steele Tech Data Probe
A military-grade, Steele Tech-branded data probe.
Victor Steele, wat you do.
In the spirit of the Planet Rush, Victor has placed data probes in undisclosed locations on each planet-of-interest for Captain Steele to find. Each probe is gene-locked and can only be accessed using biometrics. Upon opening, they will reveal data containing coordinates of the next probe. Essentially, the trail of probes will lead to Victor's personal probe, which contains an encrypted key that opens his deposit box in the Tavros Station bank, winning the rights to inherit his company and his accumulated fortune.
Captain Steele isn't alone in the hunt however--A rival cousin, offspring of Victor's greedy brother Maximilian Steele, has also made an appearance to beat Steele to the fortune. Due to similar genetics, the cousin can also access the information in the probes. If Steele is interested in the fortune Victor has set out, Steele can choose to capture each probe before the rival does and ultimately claim the boon.
Each data probe, or pod, can be found in sequence from the main story's questline:
- First Pod: East jungle of Mhen'ga, at the end of a narrow path.
- After beating Dane in combat, it can be reclaimed for a bounty of 10,000 credits.
- Second Pod: Auctioned in Shekka's shop after the Stellar Tether mission.
- Third Pod: Located at Queen Taivra's Palace in the Deep Caverns of Myrellion.
- After defeating Taivra in combat, it can be reclaimed for a bounty of 20,000 credits.
- Fourth Pod: Located on the Scaffolds of Zheng Shi.
- Unlike the previous pods, the pirates of Zheng Shi recognized the potential value of the pod, even though they couldn't access it they did put a seal it away in a Cargohold in The Sidewinder in the Scaffolds behind a highly advanced encryption lock. Meaning that it can only be accessed after obtaining the password from the LDC or by using an even more advanced decryption software. The Scaffolds in turn is sealed behind a blast door that also needs advanced decryption software or Dr. Teyaal's key card. Also, unlike the previous pods, you can't sell this one back to Steele Tech since realistically some poor transport unit can't come all the way to a top secret, heavily fortified, Pirate Base, in the middle of an asteroid, in the middle of nowhere in space.
- Fifth Pod: ???