"The Junkyard Planet"
Ruined landscape created by a fusion of two planets into one. One, the Raskvel and Gabilani homeworld; the other, its former neighbor, Daerinoys. The two were made to collide centuries ago in a catastrophic attempt at terraforming, from which neither managed to recover. The raskvel continue to subsist on the surface, whilst the gabilani largely live in space stations above it. Certain political and social tensions are evident between the races, though the harshness does not compare to the merged-planet's current environmental climate and terrain. One side is covered in centuries worth of trash from the local population, while the other side is composed mostly of desert and wasteland. The planet is sometimes known as "The Junkyard Planet".
Places of Interest
- Factory Square - A sex bot factory and Hand So's base of operations.
- Stellar Tether - A pathway beyond Chasmfall, and into the core of the planet.
- U.G.C. Scout Authority - The taxi service between Novahome and the The Lift located near Chasmfall.
- Deck 13 - Houses the origins of the Gray Goo.
- Eastern Hangar - The location of docked ships.
- Ship Hangar
- Houses a docked ancient ship labeled NOVA.
- U.G.C. Scout Authority
- Ship Hangar
- Novahome - The living center created from a wrecked starship.
- Cargo Elevator
- Shekka’s Widget Warehouse
- The MESS (staffed by Carver Catering Company)
- Steele Tech outpost
- Mechanist's Shop
- Colenso's Junk
- Doctor Badger’s Free Clinic / Lab / Bimbotorium
- The Wastes - The wilds of Tarkus, littered with debris and junk scattered in different areas. The varying terrain near Novahome include: plains, ridges, valleys, ravines, and even a beach to the nearest sea.
- Rust Fields - The central portion of the wastes, that consists mostly of plains.
- Iron Ridges - A region taking up the southern portion of the wastes, littered with large, plates of metal.
- Factory Square
- The Oil Sea - The heavily liquid-polluted sea coast in the wastes, taking up the upper west-most portion of the plains.
- Arbetz Travel Agency
- Scything Glade - Portion of the wastes that are the east-most area from the plains. Consists of metallic, predatory trees and bordered off by canyons and cliffs.
- The Lift (artificial platform)
- Lane’s Plane
- Stellar Tether - Located at and accessed through the planets' divide, Chasmfall.
- Deck 13 - Accessed by taking the cargo elevator down from Novahome's main deck.
- Shield Control Station
Due to the result of two fused planets and multiple shipwrecks, the population consists of diverse races, cultures, and wildlife.
- Nessa - Scout authority who runs the taxi.
- Shekka - Owner of the Widget Warehouse.
- Anno - Operator at the Steele Tech outpost.
- Kaede - Anno's butt buddy who visits her from time to time.
- Beth - Owner of the MESS and Carver Catering Company.
- Delilah - Bartender of the MESS and Bethany's "slave".
- Edan - Mercenary found drinking at the MESS.
- Verusha - A hyena found at the MESS
- Aurora - Owner of the Machinist Shop.
- Colenso - Owner of a junk shop/command center.
- Dr. Badger - Owner of the Bimbotorium.
- Dr. Lash - Scientist working in a shady lab.
- Gray Prime - Discovered during Anno's quest in Deck 13 and reveals the origin of the Gray Goo.
- Sgt. Decker - Officer of the U.G.C. Peacekeepers S.W.A.T. team securing the entrance of the Stellar Tether, negotiating with the Black Void-affiliated pirates inside.
- Lane - A hypnotist found in a building situated in the glade.
- Bess/Ben - An abandoned sexbot found near a junk pile in the Wastes.
- Una, Petr and Godi - The team working at the Arbetz Travel Agency, located to the north of the Polluted Beach.
- Chaurmine - A saurmorian found in the Wastes while being attack. Later will appear in The MESS.
- Zea - A Xhelarfog delivery woman on vacation found on THE MESS.
General Strategy: Half of the enemies on Tarkus are mechanical in nature. Subjecting them to electrical attacks will cause them to become more prone to short circuit-ing. The other half are hyper-libidinous aliens who can easily be seduced and in turn try to drug and seduce the you.
- The Raskvel - Underground, village-dwelling people who are mostly peaceful and are known for their skills as mechanics. When above ground, they are usually found in the plains.
- The Gabilani - A local, sex and invention-loving society, mostly housed in Tarkus's orbit.
- Gabilani Gadgeteer (Not yet implemented.)
- Gabilani Vacationers
- The Sydian - Patriarchal society that live exclusively in the junkyard wastes and are known to eat machinery. Can be found in the plains, ridges and around the beach areas.
- Lapinara - Non-native, sapient, rabbit-like race that come in several sexes and variations. Usually located roaming the plains and ridges.
- Gray Goo - Fluid-absorbing creatures scattered about the wastes.
- Sex Bot - Pleasure robots produced by a factory located in the ridges. Can be encountered in the ridges and glades.