Zaalt's bust, by Shou
Captain Zaalt Kandar is a dashing smuggler whose ship is damaged in Rush space, forcing him to call out for help delivering a sensitive package to Uveto.
You turn and see a man jogging down the corridor. A big man - easily over six and a half feet, and as he comes into better view, you can see he’s clearly inhuman. His towering, burly body is covered in a short covering of thick orange fur, itself coated in soot and grease. A pair of goggles are pulled up on his forehead, pushing up a head of black-and-ice-blue dyed hair, and a pair of small tusks jut down from the upper jaw of his short muzzle around a breathing apparatus.
History/Personality/Information of Note
Zaalt is the captain of the Ice Queen, a heavy cargo ship operating on the frontier. Though a milodan, he did not grow up on Uveto.
When Captain Steele answers Zaalt's call for help, Steele will be given the option to help or leave him.
Zaalt is related to the following quest:
Zaalt's initial appearance is during a distress call, sent out to Steele at random when Steele is over level 6. Steele can choose to Help Him or Ignore. Choosing to help him will lead Steele to dock with the Ice Queen and discover what the call was all about. Zaalt will explain that he needs to make a delivery but his ship is currently out of commission. Steele can choose to Help Him, Question, or Refuse. Questioning him will bring up his extended talk options.
Agreeing to help will have Zaalt board Steele's ship and will unlock the coordinates to Uveto (if Steele has not already attained them elsewhere). Before boarding, Steele can choose to Inspect Cargo, request that he go with No Weapons, attempt to Flirt with him, or do Nothing and continue to board. Steele will then fly towards Uveto.
During the trip, it will come to light that Zaalt has a cybernetic implant when it malfunctions and makes him berserk and completely hostile. Steele must engage him in combat. The combat will vary based on whether or not he has been disarmed before combat and if Anno is on board the ship. Losing to him in combat will result in sex and mission failure. Beating Zaalt in combat will result in a number of possible rewards and outcomes.
After beating Zaalt, Steele can choose to Kill Him, turn him in to the Authorities, or Help Him. Choosing to kill or turn him in, Steele will gain the A.I. cores he claimed that he was trying to deliver. Choosing to help him will enable Zaalt and Steele to deliver the package to the client late and Zaalt will reward Steele with 10,000 credits.
Alternatively, if Steele chooses to help Zaalt and has helped and completed Kara's second request, Kara will make an appearance instead of a generic client. When Steele suspects something shady might be going on, Steele can choose to Interrupt the deal, or ignore it and Play It Cool. If Steele decides to keep cool, Zaalt will reward Steele with 10,000 credits. If Steele interrupts, Kara will offer to pay for the inconvenience if Steele allows her to leave with the implant--to which Steele can accept, ask for sex instead, or refuse. If Steele accepts her payment, Kara will reward Steele with 8,000 credits. Steele can also ask Kara for sex, which she'll be open to. If Steele refuses to leave the issue alone, Kara will cave in and allow Steele to have the broken psi amplifier device. A Hard alignment Steele can only refuse to leave the issue alone, receiving the Amp by default.
- Uveto A.I. Cores (if killed Zaalt or turned him in to authorities)
- 10000 credits (if turned packages in to the client or Kara)
- 8000 credits (if interrupted Kara and select Sure)
- Broken Psi Amp (if interrupted Kara and select No)
Before arriving on Uveto, Steele can talk to Zaalt about the Destination, the Cargo, himself, the Ice Queen, or ask about the credit reward.
When encountered in combat, Zaalt's combat actions include:
- Low Blow - Standard low blow attack.
- Unarmed Flurry< - Flurry melee attack dealing multiple kinetic penetrating damage.
- Flash Grenade - Attack that may cause blindness to the opponent. (Only while armed.)
- Gas Grenade - Attack that may reduce reflexes and aim to the opponent. (Only while armed.)
- Psi Shockwave - Special attack costing 15 energy that deals moderate psionic and light kinetic damage.
- Mind Leech - Special attack costing 20 energy that deals high psionic and light kinetic damage and heals himself by 25% maximum health.
- Psi Blade - Special attack costing 15 energy that deals moderate psionic and heavy kinetic damage. (Only while armed.)
If Anno is part of the crew and is on board Steele's ship, she may have a 1/3 chance to jump in the fight and help after Steele's second turn.
If victorious in battle, hostile Zaalt will drop 1,200 credits and is worth 500 XP.
Upon losing in combat, Zaalt may vaginally/anally fuck Steele and disappear afterwards.
- Zaalt is the first Milodan to appear in the game.
- Zaalt is currently the only Milodan to not have off-white/silver fur.
- Zaalt's original bust was redone by Shou, due to the fact his left arm was drawn as though Zaalt had been disfigured or born with a birth defect.