Shalin shaman is a hostile encountered on Phaedra II
From the waist down she has the body of a gigantic hawk, reddish plumage on her torso and inner feathers, spreading outwards into whites and handsome black tips on the alars and humerals. Her wings are immense, layered, sweeping curtains of taffeta when she spreads them wide; her tail-feathers alone longer than a human leg. Attached to chunky thighs are feet that put the fear of the Jurassic in you, spread yellow claws a foot in length with knife-like talons that, thanks to the unearthly composition of these beings, are perfectly capable of tearing through steel.
From the waist up, she is almost shockingly human. Only her long, feathery ears and arms covered in more ruddy plumage mark her out as any different. There are her yellow eyes you suppose, filled with a fury bordering on the divine; few women you know of would go bare-breasted and daub themselves in blue dye also. She has short, messy red hair in keeping with her plumage, and pale skin. The pretty, pert softness on her chest is maybe a B cup by human standards. She is lithe and clearly quite fit, fit enough to carry and fire the scrap-built crossbow in her hands. The ugly, ingenious thing has a fiber-cable string and its bolts, slung in a quiver over her back, are fletched with her own feathers. Attached to a belt around her fetchingly svelte waist are a cluster of stoppered bottles and charms, fashioned from clay and badlands clink.
Neither constituent part of the shalin is that alarming; it’s the combination of it, 8 feet tall and animated by a frenzied, hate-filled spirit, stalking around you while singing and screaming piercingly, that makes her that.
Shalin Shaman is a hostile random encounter on Phaedra II.
When fought, she is so big that she is divided into her lower body and upper body. Defeating either will result in a victory. If her upper body takes enough damage while flying, she will fall, doing 200 damage to her lower body.
- Take Flight - Starts Flying.
- Pinfeather - Damage and Blind attempt. Must be Flying, once per combat.
- Wing Sweep - Attempts to Trip.
- Ki Bow - Kinetic and poison damage.
- Dive - Very high kinetic damage. Removes Flying, the Shaman cannot Fly for 3 turns.
- Secretary Stamp - Three attacks, only used against Tripped targets.
- Talon Rake - Attempts to apply Sunder. Has a 3-turn cooldown.
- 75% immunity to kinetic attacks
- 40% weakness to electricity attacks
- 60% resistance to burning attacks
- 90% resistance to poison attacks
- 60% resistance to corrosive attacks
- 30% immunity to kinetic attacks
- 25% weakness to electricity attacks
- 50% resistance to burning attacks
- 30% resistance to poison attacks
- 50% resistance to corrosive attacks
She may drop her Ki-Bow.
Scenes that Steele can choose from when defeating the Shalin Shaman.