KihaCorp Deconstruction Unit
|Only appears when choosing to aid the Fungal Queen.|
A titanic construct walks through the fire on eight spidery legs, stopping at the door to stare at you. Its mechanical parts are covered in flashy plastic-looking tiles, but you can see a denser metal plating beneath them. A company label you don’t recognize is openly emblazoned on its shoulder, consisting of a number of erratic lightning bolts spreading from a thumbs up. A large flamethrower replaces a hand on one of its arms, while the other has a menacing diamond tipped pneumatic hammer.
History/Personality/Information of Note
The deconstruction unit is a machine programmed to react calmly towards civilians. However, it will engage with lethal force if it is threatened or blockaded.
When fighting the deconstruction unit in combat, Steele can use the fungus spore in the environment to an advantage, using it to block some of the attacks the robot deals and reducing the damage inflicted by half. The robot will regenerate 25 energy per turn in order to charge its special attack.
Its combat actions include:
- Pressure Stream - Flamethrower attack, causing burning damage to the opponent.
- Titan Smash - Attack dealing penetrating kinetic damage, usually after the opponent's melee attack due to being in range.
- Firestorm - Special attack that causes great burning damage. This attack will destroy any spores in its path when unleashed. The robot will use this attack every time it has reached 100 energy.
- 50% immunity to kinetic attacks
- 50% immunity to burning attacks
- 100% weakness to electric attacks
Losing to the robot will be fatal, resulting in a Bad End.
The deconstruction unit is worth 400 XP.
After victory in combat, Steele will be visited by a representative of KihaCorp’s interplanetary shipping department, asking about the whereabouts of the machine. It is inferred that the deconstruction unit had been hijacked, stolen from the KihaCorp presence on Myrellion.
The deconstruction unit is associated with Fungal Queen's help request.