|Planet||"The Tidally Locked Planet"|
Planet Dhaal was only just recently discovered during the 14th Planet Rush. Unlike most of the previous planets, Dhaal's Dominant Sapient Lifeform, the Zaika are already civilized, and have a technologically advanced society on par with the majority of the galactic norm. This anomaly has lead to Dhaal already in the process of asserting sapient right into the United Galactic Confederacy. It also means that Dhaal has the potential for trade between big businesses in the Confederacy such as Xenogen Biotech, KihaCorp, and the Camarilla and will be unable to be easily enslaved by the likes of the Black Void or the Tarratch. It certainly helps that Dhaal is currently run by several dystopian governing/business entities known as zaibatsu. The three largest and de facto power holders are Brightwater LLC, Paragon Inc. and Utopian Skies.
Dhaal is a planet that is tidally locked. This means that the speed of the planet's rotation and the speed of it orbit are in synchronization to each other; One side is constantly facing the planet's sun and the other side never sees it. As a result, one half is a frozen wasteland and the other is an endless desert. The only hospitable portion of the planet is a band of eternal twilight between the two hemispheres.
Places of Interest
- Taxi Stand - When landing at the spaceport, a shuttle will automatically transport you to the taxi stand in the Gyre for free. Unfortunately for the frugal, getting back to the ship will cost you 50 credits.
Nearly the entire planet is made up of hostile space due to the planet's near-lawlessness, where thieves will try to steal your milk, "milk" or other valuables. A few safe spaces exist, such as the Paragon capsule hotel, the milk bar, the taxi points and spaceport.
- The Gyre - The commercial and residential area of Dhaal. Squalid and lawless, but the air is at least better than in the spaceport.
- Paragon Capsule Resort
- Milk Bar
- Implant Station
- Myssah - Zaika concierge of the Paragon capsule resort.
- Iyla - Treated human bartender and self-proclaimed owner of the Milk Bar.
- Sabrae - Cybernetically modded zaika shopkeeper of the Implant Station.
- Narc - A damaged JoyCo nursedroid with some unsanctioned after-market modifications selling illegal drugs in the alleyways.