Map of Gastigoth
Gastigoth Prison is a private correctional institution located on a private space station. It is designed to house high-risk inmates with long rap-sheets who cannot be contained in conventional prisons or colonies. The station makes most of its funding by whoring out its inmates to wealthy customers, with the promise of additional privileges as incentive to participate; this also includes a eugenics program whereby the prisoners can be impregnated, albeit at a higher price than before.
Gastigoth is not a probe-planet and so is not directly unlocked during the main story. To obtain its coordinates, Captain Steele must be responsible for the arrest and prosecution of one or more of the prisoners listed below, who will thereafter be convicted and transferred to Gastigoth; 5 days later, the warden will then send Steele an e-mail with the coordinates and an offer to participate in the above-mentioned program.
The superstructure is owned by Nova daughter company Faangnis Corrections, with personnel drawn from both corporations. While dedicated corrections departments may be common in the galactic core, few such private companies operate facilities as large or intensive as Gastigoth. For that reason, as well as the added risk of piracy, armed escape attempts, and other direct hazards, it is hardly surprising that a maximum security suite would be operated by a private military contractor, no?
Areas and Encounters
- Warden Regina Kasmiran - An ex-T.S.C. officer who is merciless towards her prisoners.
- Subcommander Brandt - A half-reptilian Nova Securities officer. She operates the security checkpoint visitors enter from.
Visiting each prisoner costs 1000 credits. Tam-Tam, Sam and Khorgan can each be impregnated for 15 000 credits.
- Tam-Tam - Appears after the Stellar Tether quest if Steele defeats the pirates and disarms the bomb.
- Kaska - Appears after the Stellar Tether quest if Steele defeats the pirates and disarms the bomb.
- Captain Khorgan - Appears after the Stellar Tether quest if Steele defeats the pirates and disarms the bomb.
- Sam - Appears after the Fools Rush In quest.
- Remi-Kellen Lah - Appears after 3 days, if turned in during the Plantation Quest