Black Void Mercenary Guard
|Shotgun Guard (Mike)|
A unique character encountered during Saendra's rescue mission.
The mercenary guard is a gruff, weathered human man with a long, faded-brown coat pulled over a ballistic vest -- enough armor for a corporate jackboot, but less than the assassins you fought upstairs. He's packing a pump-action shotgun and a bandolier full of grenades and other goodies.
History/Personality/Information of Note
The pirate mercenary guard may be hostile on encounter if he notices Captain Steele.
There are a number of ways to interact with him (two of which involve avoiding combat entirely):
- Barge in with a Door Breach to engage in combat.
- Distract him using the neighbouring Call Girl.
- Throw a Flashbang to engage in combat (with him starting off "Blind").
- Ask Saendra to Distract him by using a different kind of "flash"-bang...
Aside from his normal melee and ranged attacks, his combat actions include:
- Shotgun Blast - Ranged attack that deals moderate damage and always hits the opponent at least once.
- Solid Slug - Ranged attack dealing heavy damage with a chance to miss the opponent.
- Rope Shot - Special attack that entangles the targeted opponent.
- Stun Baton - Special attack with a chance to stun the opponent.
- Armor: 8
- Decent JoyCo Shield Generator
Losing to him in combat will result in a bad end.
The mercenary guard will drop between 120 and 170 credits and is worth 500 XP.
He currently has no sex scenes.
The mercenary guard is associated with the Fools Rush In distress call quest event.