"Sand Worms" are one of the forms the Hilinara parasitic race encountered on Tarkus. Appearing as underground, tunneling annelids. Sand Worms will attempt to cover their victims in aphrodisiac slime, then parasitize their anal cavities with their parasitic form colloquially called "Butt Bugs".
The sand worm you’re fighting is currently burrowing in the sand around you. You can see where it is by following the small bulge it makes in the sandy earth. Whatever you try to do to it now will likely not have much effect on it. Maybe you should wait until it is exposed so that you can do more damage?
Sand Worms are a hostile encounter and will engage in combat with the player character upon contact.
It is possible to increase or disable their encounters by reading a "Sand Worms" warning in a bulletin board at the Makeshift Gangplank between Novahome and the Rust Fields and choosing how Steele feels about it.
Sand worms remain buried, and will only come out occasionally to throw lobs of an aphrodisiac goo that will cause lust damage.
- Kinetic Resistance: -95 %
- Electric Resistance: -95 %
- Burning Resistance: -95 %
- Freezing Resistance: -95 %
- Corrosive Resistance: -95 %
- Poison Resistance: -95 %
When losing to a sand worm, it will attempt to infect Steele's anal cavity with a butt bug.
Upon victory, Steele has the option of using the worm as a bionahole, or allow it to infest their butt hole.
Sand worms drop no loot or credits but are worth 500 XP.
Sand worm infestation produces a series of effects that affect the "Bowels" of the character. Size of the Bowels is added to the Belly size.
- Effect "Butt Bug" (hidden) - Indicates infection by a sand worm.
- Female version: Effect "Butt Bug Egg Cycle" (hidden) - produces a hilinara egg periodically.
- V-Ko and Vi can remove attached butt bugs after the 'Examination' and choosing 'Treat B.Bug' from their menu.
- Dr. Lash can remove attached butt bugs after undergoing any of his 'Services'.
- Immuno-Boosters can be taken to kill the Butt Bugs once they are inside the player's body.
Losing to a sand worm results in infection.
Victory against a sand worm gives a chance of:
- Bionahole - Use the worm as a bionahole.
- Has Penis
- Offerbutt - Voluntarily allow sand worm infestation with a butt bug.
There will be additional scenes if the butt hole was already occupied.