|Doctor Raade Calnor|
Calnor's bust by Adjatha
|Full name||Dr. Raade Calnor|
Calnor is a tall, strong ausar male with a long, well-kept beard and a mohawk of white hair, both of which accentuate stern, determined features. Though the doctor has a labcoat and company jumpsuit on, the old hound’s swinging an electrified shock staff with alarming proficiency.
History/Personality/Information of Note
Dr. Calnor is the no-nonsense head of the Akkadi Research Base on Uveto. In the past he oversaw the experiment with a person-sized Warp tunnel with Syri and Valden. When the experiment went wrong, killing Valden, fusing some of his DNA and organs with Syri, and recording his memories, personality, and consciousness in the Holo-banks, Calnor was charged with conducting experiments on Valden's body and soul to understand how he died and safe proof future products. Calnor has kept Valden trapped in a body-less supercomputer for several years now despite the latter's pleas to be free.
Captain Steele will encounter Calnor in the Starship Labs trying to find a bomb to break down the door to the Warp Field Lab. Calnor will introduce himself before being interrupted by Valden on the PA. asking you to kill him. The player can either Talk to him or Fight him. If you "Team Up" with Calnor, Valden will retaliate by sending a team of Security Robots. Losing to them will result in a Bad End. If you fight Calnor and win, Calnor will use a Flashbang and escape. If he wins he will kill you, resulting in a Bad End.
- Research - What the hell was Akkadi researching out here?
- Unlocks Valden
- Valden - Ask more about Valden's predicament. The doctor said he's dead...?
- Facility - Grill the doctor about the facility. What's it for, and what's the state of it now?
- Help Him - He wants you to help him instead of Valden. What would that entail?
- Unlocks the Team Up option.
Calnor wields an Electrified Shock Staff, a Hammer Pistol, and a Reaper Armaments Mark II Shield Generator. After defeating him in the Starship Labs and agreeing to place Valden into Calnor's brain, he returns with increased stats.
- Hammer Blow - Basic attack; deals mixed electric/crush damage.
- Has a chance to Stagger you.
- Shield Charge - Grants Armor to Calnor's shields.
- Causes them to Blind the PC if hit in melee.
- Only and immediately used after taking a melee hit.
- Void Charge - Calnor powers up his staff, increasing its Electric damage and giving it Shield Vamp for 3 turns.
- Incinerate - Causes massive Energy damage if the PC fails a Reflex save.
- Undodgeable if you're prone.
- Storm Lance - Higher damage melee attack that knocks the PC prone, but lowers Calnor's evasion for the next turn.
- Much higher chance to succeed if the PC is staggered.
- The Jackle's Elbow - Massive kinetic damage;bypasses shields
- Used on the turn immediately after the PC is knocked down if they don't stand up.
- If the PC is still prone next turn, uses "Incinerate" instead.
- 100% immunity to lust attacks
- 25% immunity to kinetic attacks
- 30% immunity to burning attacks
- 60% weakness to Electric attacks