Lane's bust, by Shou
|Gender||Male or Female|
|Sex||Male or Female|
A mysterious hypnotist that can be found in a building named "Lane’s Plane" located in the Scything Glade of Tarkus's wilds.
Lane's appearance varies based on the gender the Captain Steele chooses to see them as.
You see a humanoid-shaped person fidgeting with what you assume is some furniture. Whatever it is they’re doing, it appears to be giving regular flashes of red and blue light, dimly illuminating the whole room. They’re not standing profile, so you can’t tell if they have breasts or not, but you can make out the tell-tale sway of a tail reaching down their legs and nearly reaching their ankles.
History/Personality/Information of Note
As far as it is known, Lane is the only daynar who took up the practice of hypnotism. Lane had studied hypnotism due to being bullied often during the younger years and always having a personal interest in controlling others, finding the ability to control is better suited through the practice of hypnosis.
Follower of the Hippocratic Oath, Lane claims to not use the learned skill for detrimental purposes.
Upon entering Lane's place of business, Steele will be able to choose Lane's visible gender before viewing Lane in full.
There are a few different things you can ask Lane about. You can ask about his/her Occupation, about the Daynar species, or about Himself/Herself.
Lane hypnotizes Steele for 100 credits to enhance Steele's stats by +5 for 24 hours before wearing off.
The following are the stats that can be enhanced by Lane: Physique, Reflexes, Aim, Intelligence, and Willpower.
Though not explicit, Lane's services will provide a sub quest with its own management system. How Steele reacts while under Lane's influence, will determine the ultimate outcome for both Lane and Steele.
Lane has a hypnosis "level" gauge that determines how successful the hypnotism is on Steele. Every time Steele receives a hypnotism session from Lane, Lane will consume some hypnosis "power". When all the power has been consumed, Lane will gain 1 level of hypnosis and the power will refill. Lane's pool of power will be directly proportional to Lane's hypnosis level. There is a maximum of 4 levels of hypnotism:
The consumption of Lane's hypnosis power is inversely proportional to Steele's willpower--meaning that Lane's hypnosis power will be lower the higher willpower Steele has. Lane's hypnosis levels will also influence the lust gains after every session. Currently, there is no way to decrease Lane's hypnosis level.
Once Lane reaches the maximum hypnosis level, if Steele confirms another hypnotism session, Lane will fully hypnotize Steele.
This is the point where Lane will automatically collect taxes (500 credits) from Steele every day.
Each use of his services will still cost 100 credits, with the addition of a Tax. Also once in the Services page you can't go back, the Back button is now a Taxes button.
Steele unlocks the option of willfully paying Lane's Taxes on each visit. (Sex Scene becomes available).
Some description and dialogues are slightly altered to indicate Steel's submissiveness.
While in this condition, after seven days, if Steele has any followers, there is a possible intervention scene where a follower will confront Steele about the money that has been periodically taken from Steele's account. Steele can either Confide with the follower, or tell the follower to Fuck Off. This option will never appear if Steele does not have the valid crew members.
Refusing to tell the follower the truth will lead to Steele being fully hypnotized forever. Accepting to tell the secret to the follower will result in a detoxification period for Steele.
When selected, the follower will aid in Steele's detoxification process, during which, it is advised that Steele not visit Lane while detoxifying. The automatic tax payments to Lane will also stop under this condition.
During the detoxification process, Steele gains the "Lane Detoxing Weakness" status effect which will undergo the following temporary stat changes within a 10-day period:
If Steele visits Lane at any point after detoxification and Steele's willpower is lower than 75% of the maximum willpower (or if visits while still under detox) Steele's willpower will break and this will lead to a Bad End.
If Steele visits Lane at any point after the successful detoxification and Steele's willpower is at 75% or higher of the maximum willpower, there is a possible reward:
- Lane’s Plane is closed and Lane disappears
- If Steele has a nice personality, Steele earns 200 credits a day for the rest of the game
- If Steele does not have a nice personality, Steele is paid 12,000 credits
After the first hypnotism, Lane slowly begins to suggest to Steele that they have a growing attraction to each other and Lane dominates their mind and body. After being hypnotized by Lane enough, Lane finally fucks Steele as a form of taxation for being hypnotized. After the first sex scene, Lane then demands the 500 credits to be wired to him. Steele, after the first time, could Pay Taxes to Lane without purchasing Lane's services.
- Requirements - Sex with Lane requires that Steele be "fully hypnotized" by Lane.
- Consensual Rape - Lane will straddle your face and have you pleasure him/her with your mouth before fucking you according to your anatomy and theirs.
- Always the first scene.
- If Lane is male, and the PC lacks a vagina, he bends you over and does you Doggystyle.
- If Lane is male, and the PC has a vagina, he fucks and sucks your tits before pounding your pussy in the missionary position.
- If Lane is female, and the PC has a penis that fits, she straddles you and rides you in the cowgirl position.
- If Lane is female, and the PC has a penis that doesn't fit, she has you pleasure her breasts with your mouth and hands while she strokes your cock and balls with her tail.
- If Lane is female, and the PC lacks a penis, she sits on your face while fondling your boobs, then follows it up with tribadism.
- Always the first scene.
After the first scene, any time the PC picks taxes or chooses for Lane to hypnotize them, Lane will randomly select one of the following scenes.
- PC Gives Oral - PC licks Lane's genitals based on whether or not they are male or female.
- No requirements
- Doesn't induce orgasm
- Lane Penetrates the PC - Lane fucks you Doggystyle on his bed.
- Requires Lane to be male
- If the player has a vagina, he fucks it; If not he fucks the player's anus
- Requires Lane to be male
- Lane Fucks the PC - Lane pushes you down on your back and grinds your pelvis into hers.
- Requires Lane is female
- Variants for penis wielders, vagina exclusives, and neuters.
- SPH - Lane questions why your phallus is so small and discovers a new found enjoyment in your submissiveness to her.
- Requires Lane to be female and for the player to have a penis less than 4 inches long.
If Steele allows the current hypnosis effect to wear off before going back to Lane, the sex path will not occur.
(Only if interested) one can save-edit with .minerva to remove the per-day payment by setting PC_PAYS_LANE_ERRY_DAY flag to 0.
Lane will only begin to hypnotize you into his/her sex slave if you get multiple hypnotism sessions in 1 in game day.
- There is (at the moment) an unused Bad End, which requires the completion of the game while still fully hypnotized to Lane.
- According to B (Lane’s author), Lane was originally created for Corruption of Champions and the intervening party member was going to be Izma.
- Speaking of Corruption of Champions, Lane was also meant to be a Deconstruction of exploitable characters and events in CoC that could be frequented many times in one in-game day to unrealistically, rapidly, and permanently increase the Champion's stats at a low price with little drawbacks or consequences. Such characters included Jojo, Loppe, Lottie, Whitney, Kelt, and Raphael.
- During the repeat male penetration scene, Lane will make an allusion to the Aesop Fable of The Tortoise and the Hare.
- Even though there are several different crewmembers who can trigger the detox route, the dialogue for that scene remains the same, which can lead to certain crewmembers such as Celise and Ramis acting seriously out of character.