Black Void Base (Myrellion)
|Black Void Base|
Map of the Landing Zone
This location is exclusive to KaraQuest, Part 2: Eye of the Beholder.
If on good terms with Kara, Captain Steele may join her on her mission to infiltrate the Black Void base on Myrellion's moon to gather some intelligence for Lysander Chow. Depending on the choices made on the choices she has made on The Silence, if any, as well as the choices made during the mission will decide her fate as well as the conditions of other familiar characters.
- Must have been rewarded by Kara after completing her first request.
- Must have successfully located the probe in Queen Taivra's Palace (any result), or is at level 8 or higher.
- Accept Kara's request to infiltrate the Pirate base.
While Steele is on Myrellion, after helping Kara in her first predicament and successfully locating the probe on the planet, Kara will give Steele a call when Steele approaches the ship hangar, inviting Steele to meet her at a given set of coordinates and promising to pay Steele for helping. When Steele is ready, Steele can fly to Kara.
Flying to Kara will have Steel meet up with her on an orbiting rock near Myrellion's moon. There, she will board Steele's ship, pay Steele 10,000 credits, and offer her job request. She warns that the job will involve getting tangled with the Black Void. Here, Steele can talk to her to gain more information on subjects like the Black Void, Kara's Friend, Her Plan, Her Eye, This Place and Herself.
When Steele is ready, Steele can choose to select one of the Decisions... by being hesitant with Trust Issues, accepting with I'm In, or out refusing with No Way. Not trusting Kara will have her offer other alternatives to where Steele can ask for the Payment First or ask for Sex. Refusing will have her leave the ship to possibly find someone else to help.
If Kara's job is accepted, the quest will begin by having Steele board her ship, the "Ghost" and meeting the various crew members aboard. From there, the ship will fly towards the moon, drop Kara and Steele off near a cliff, and fly back. At the landing point, Kara and Steele must Rappel down the cliff and enter the sewers to proceed with the mission.
During this quest Kara will be available to assist both in and outside of combat. Her personality will define some of her actions on this mission.
Note: By default, Kara will be mischievous, but if the player has played and saved a file from The Silence, her personality may be kind, mischievous or hard. The makeup of her ship's crew may also be affected by the actions taken in The Silence as well.
Areas and Encounters
There are four distinct areas Kara and Steele will traverse throughout the mission, each area with their own unique enemies, obstacles and/or loot.
- Black Void Engineer - Employee found in the Security Room. She may or may not be hostile depending Steele's actions upon encounter.
- Watson - A holo-projected AI that can be found in the Server Room.
- Shade - A chance encounter with the bounty hunter if she is currently on the planet. Whether or not she is hostile depends on her history with Steele.
- Security Drones - Automated security robots found patrolling the sewers and fighting alongside Dr. Khan.
- Black Void Grunts - Black Void soldiers found in the courtyard of the Main Floor as well as inside the Barracks, guarding the Security Room.
- Fenris Drones - Drones that fight alongside a hostile engineer and/or a hostile Shade.
- Black Void Juggernaut - The first mate of the base's crew. Heavy weapons enforcer sent in to deal with intruders.
- Dr. Khan - Scientist found working in his lab.
- Amara Faell - The base's commander. Black Void Dread Lord found on the Helipad.
After rappelling down from the landing zone, Kara and Steele will enter the base through the sewers. The sewers are patrolled by security drones. Heading east-ward will lead to a ladder which Kara and Steele can use to climb up and enter the base.
After exiting the sewers, Kara and Steele will be on the main level of the pirate base. On this level, Kara tells Steele they must find a way to get inside the base itself to reach the research facility. Steele is presented with multiple options to do this, primarily to cross the courtyard and somehow get through the gates.
In any instance, Steele can use the Elevator to the radio tower to toggle whether or not Kara should provide cover while Steele crosses the potentially guarded courtyard, or have Kara tag along with Steele. In the radio tower, Steele may attain a hentai magazine that can be used on the engineer found in the barracks to obtain the keycard.
On the north-west corner of the courtyard, if Steele has Tam-wolf (equipped or in the inventory), he will approach a Fenris assault drone repair kennel. If Tam-wolf is damaged, he will receive a full repair; if Tam-wolf is normal, he will receive a FenCo hardware upgrade.
To enter the base, Steele can choose to:
- Obtain a keycard from the barracks, then Use Security Key card at the entrance to open the door.
- A mob of Black Void grunts will be guarding the barracks.
- Inside the barracks, Steele will find an engineer who can potentially be hostile.
- Steele may choose to fight or bribe the engineer for the keycard, or leave the barracks entirely.
- If choosing to bribe her, Steele can bribe with 1,000 credits, a dirty magazine or anal sex.
- Use the Tank at the center of the courtyard to blow open the door.
- Steele must be a mercenary class to be able to use a tank.
- Approach the entrance and perform a Manual Override.
- Steele will need an I.Q. of 75% or more to attempt an override.
- This will activate a hacking minigame--success will open the doors.
- Approach the entrance and ask Kara? for some help to override the doors.
- Steele will have to fend off multiple waves of grunts while Kara hacks the doors--surviving five waves will result in success.
Whether or not Steele intends on getting/using the keycard, defeating the guards at the barracks will enable Steele to loot the barracks of a suit of Black Void plate armor.
After successful entry, the blast doors will shut behind Kara and Steele and they will be unable to return to the courtyard for anything else. Inside the base, the far east side will be a vending machine, especially for if Steele needs to replenish energy. Center-south will lead to the elevator, where Kara and Steele need to go down to reach the research labs.
After entering the research floor, Kara will need to go to the server room to access the data necessary to complete the mission. However, in the path is Dr. Khan, who is attended by some myr subjects. Kara and Steele must defeat Dr. Khan in combat before proceeding.
After Dr. Khan has been defeated, Steele may choose to Talk to him about the gold myr girls or himself, get together with Kara and Fuck Him, or even Loot the Room for credits, possibly taking his lab coat and his arc caster.
Once in the Server Room, Kara will try to the security door open, but an A.I., Watson interrupts her and reveals that her mission was in vain. He allows Steele to ask him questions about himself, Kara, the Constellation before engaging in an Intervention. Watson has immediately alerted the base's commander and other hostiles are heading towards Kara. From here, Kara and Steele must try to exit the base. Optionally, Steele may attempt to initiate the Self Destruct sequence for the base before leaving (only if Steele has a mischievous or hard personality).
Kara will mention needing to see to something in Dr. Kahn's office before leaving--Steele will be prevented from leaving the research level until Kara is lead to the office to get Khan's data. After destroying Khan's computer, when Kara and Steele approach the elevator, they will be interrupted by the Juggernaut. They must defeat him in order to proceed.
The Helipad is the last leg of the quest and the events that transpire on it vary based on Steele's history as well as Kara's.
If Shade is currently on the planet, she will appear as one of the reinforcements and accompanied by a number of fenris drones. If Shade has been sexed by Steele before, she will not be a hostile; otherwise, she must be defeated in combat to proceed. If she was fought and defeated, a hardened Kara may kill her or she will be left unconscious for about two days before being active again. If Shade is not a hostile, she will give Steele a fair warning for playing her and will wish Steele luck for the upcoming fight, regenerating 15% of health and energy.
Making way towards the helipad, the Black Void Dread Lord, Amara Faell, will be the final encounter. When she doesn't recognize Steele, she asks why Steele is with Kara.
Steele can choose to respond with:
- For the Money
- If Shade is dead, Amara will not care and will engage in combat.
- If Shade is alive, Amara will offer a way out for Steele. Kara will insist that they can take Amara on and Steele can choose to either Betray Kara or Refuse Amara's offer.
- Betraying Kara will result in turning Kara in to the Black Void for 60,000 credits and end the quest.
- Refusing Amara's offer will result in combat.
- For Kara
- Choosing to help Kara will result in combat.
- Fuck Pirates
- Taunting Amara will result in combat.
- Stay Silent
- Not responding will result in combat.
Performance in combat with Amara will determine the fate of Kara and Steele.
Losing in any of the combat encounters will more than likely lead to a bad end.
If Steele chose to start the base's self destruct, Kara and Steele will have approximately 90 minutes to exit the base, otherwise the place will explode with them inside, leading to a bad end.
Losing to Amara in battle will most likely result in a bad end. However, if Steele trusts Kara enough by not asking for credits or sex, or revealing that Steele was there to help Kara out as a friend, Kara will sacrifice herself to stop Amara and her soldiers and save Steele. Steele will not get rewarded for this outcome.
Defeating Amara in combat will allow both Kara and Steele to escape the base in a shuttle, ending Kara's mission. The two will return to the Ghost and the rest of the promised money will be rewarded to Steele (30,000 credits, total), even though the mission itself was a bust. Even so, Kara will offer Steele some sex and Steele can choose to Fuck Kara or refuse. After sexing her, Steele can choose to stay or leave.
If Steele chose to start the base's self destruct, and Kara and Steele manage to escape before the base is destroyed, the explosion will cause a reaction from the orbiting U.G.C. fleet and the Myr factions. Due to the military pact, they perceive the detonation as threat and a call to arms is issued within the Myr camps while the U.G.C. fleets are called on their bluff--to which they quickly leave. This reignites civil war between the Myr factions who both unleash weapons of mass destruction, resulting in the glassing of the planet and causing a nuclear winter. This will prevent a bad end, but will destroy most of the planet and some of its residents in the process. If Steele has become a Nyrean Royal, it is possible for Steele to revisit the planet's deep caverns by way of the royal nyrean palace, though the upper levels will no longer be accessible.
If Myrellion was nuked and Steele has yet to reclaim the data probe on the planet, at least 2 days after the event, Dane will send Steele a message complaining about being fired by Steele's rival cousin. Attached to the message will the next probe's location.
Notable Items and Rewards
- Hentai Magazine - Item used to distract the horny engineer.
- Key Card R&D Security Pass - Card used to open the entrance doors.
- TS-T Armor Plating Mark IV (Black Void) - Armor that can be looted at the barracks.
- Fenris-class Assault Drone, Version 2.0 - Upgraded Tam-wolf after approaching repair kennel.
- Khan's Lab Coat - Looted from Khan.
- Khan's Arc Caster - Looted from Khan.
- Aegis Light Machinegun - Looted from the Juggernaut.
- With Kara, Steele will be rewarded with 10,000 credits when visiting her.
- Looting Dr. Khan's lab will result in about 2500 credits or so.
- Betraying Kara and turning her in to Amara will result in earning 60,000 credits.
- Kara will reward Steele 30,000 credits at the mission's end (it may be split to 15,000 credits if Steele asked for the money first), if the result is good.
The quest associated with this location is known as "Kara Quest 2: The Eye of the Beholder" this is a reference to the expression "Beauty, is in the eye of the Beholder", moreover it refers to Kara's Cybernetic eyes.