Areas are places the player can explore in Corruption of Champions. While exploring an area, the player may discover other areas, along with specific locations, NPCs, and key items. However, random encounters and item pickups are going to be the most common.
- Desert - a wide desert hiding the city of Tel'Adre.
- Forest - an old looking forest, inhabited by a variety of (generally low level) enemies.
- Lake - the shores of a freshwater lake, it is generally considered the lowest level area due to a lack of enemies at level 1. The lake itself can be explored with the lake boat.
- Plains - wide grasslands, and home to some of the tougher enemies in the game.
- Swamp - a sweltering and stagnant swamp, home to male and female spider-morphs.
- Deepwoods - a region of forest hidden behind a wall of trees. The Deepwoods is unlocked after exploring the Forest 20 times.
- Mountains - a tall mountain and home to several higher-level enemies.
- High Mountains - a higher region of the Mountains and home to even tougher foes.
- Bog - a particularly dark and humid area inside the Swamp.