Toughness is one of a character's Core Stats. It is defined as a number between 1 and 100.
Your toughness determines your ability to withstand physical and magical attacks and also affects you maximum HP. Some perks are only available at certain levels of toughness. It is similar to what is called "Vitality" or "Constituion" in other games.
The toughness you start with, depends on the gender and body type you choose when creating your character:
There are several items and events that can increase your toughness.
- Selecting the Toughness perk adds +5 initial toughness and increases toughness gains by 25%.
- Player can choose to increase toughness when leveling up. That provides +5 points.
- A random encounter in the desert will raise it by 1.
- Taking a strong dink at The Wet Bitch will raise it by 1.
- Eating Holli's fruit will raise it by 1.
- Meditating with Jojo: +1 if below 45
- Reading Izma's Combat Manual may raise it by 2.
- Winning a brawl with Helia via intelligence will raise it by 1. Losing to her will raise it by 2.
- Jogging at the Gym in Tel'Adre will boost toughness by 1 point (up to 90)
- Shriveled Tentacle: +1 if below 50.
- Sweet Gossamer: +1 if below 60.
- God's Mead: +1.
- Equinum: +1.25 if below 75.
- Vitality Tincture: +1 or +2.
- Canine Pepper: +4 if has dog skin.
- Reptilum: +1 if below 70, +2 if below 55, +3 if below 40.
- Minotaur Blood: +0.5 if above 75, +1 if above 50, +2 if above 20, +5 if at or below 20.
- Bro Brew: +33.
- Wet Cloth: Along with making player taller also increases strength and toughness by 1. See the page for details.
- If Marble is a Lover and the player is addicted to her milk, giving her a Lactaid will make her provide a boost to toughness the next time you drink from her.
Several items and events may reduce your toughness:
- Losing to a Harpy by health will lower it by 1.
- Losing to a Shark-Girl while genderless will lower it by 2.
- Being raped by a hellhound will decrease toughness by 2 if corruption is below 40.
- Raping it when player's corruption is between 20 and 40 and he has Masochist perk will also decrease it by 2.
- Using the Dual Belt: -1 if above 50, -2 if above 75
- Drinking Ember's milk.
- Giving birth generally lowers toughness.
- Removing Seraph's fetish when you have her as a slave will lower it by 1.
- Golden Seed: -1 if above 50.
- Fox Jewel: -1 if above 20, -2 if above 66.
- Ringtail Figs: -1 if above 50, -2 if above 75.
- Whisker Fruit: -2 if above 50
- Mouse Cocoa: -1 if above 50, -2 if at or below 75, -3 if at or above 90.
- Goblin Ale: -1 if above 50, -2 if above 70, -4 if above 90.
- Fox Berry: If toughness is above 30... -1 if strength is above 40, -2 if strength is above 60, -3 if strength is above 80, -4 if strength is above 90.
- Kitsune's Gift: May lower toughness and strength by 5.
Several events can both raise and reduce your toughness:
- Being pregnant with Hellhound (?6) will decrease toughness by 1 twice and then raise it by 1.
- Piercings can change toughness depending on the type and material.
- Removing a piercing will not take away its effects but will reduce toughness by 5.
- Toughness adds +5 initial toughness and increases toughness gains by 25%.
- Tank requires 25 toughness.
- Regeneration requires having the Tank perk and 50 toughness.
- Tank 2 requires having the Tank perk and 60 toughness.
- Immovable Object requires 75 toughness and stops working whenever toughness decreases below that.
- Resolute requires 75 toughness and stops working whenever toughness decreases below that.
- Iron man requires 60 toughness and stops working whenever toughness decreases below that