|Harvest Valley North|
|Accessible from||Hawkethorne (south-west)|
|Harvest Valley South|
|Accessible from||Harvest Valley (south-east)|
Harvest Valley is the breadbasket of the region, producing much of the food that many Marchers depend on. High mountains on three sides ensure that the climate is relatively mild compared to the rest of the Marches, and the flat, rolling ground within is excellent for farming and gathering. Water is plentiful; however, it rarely rains in the valley proper because of the mountains' rainshadow, and the only surface sources of water are the river and Lake Tarahaugan. Pumps drawn by wind or manual labour raise water to the surface where it is spread through an extensive network of irrigation ditches dug and maintained over generations.
The region is roughly divided into three sub-regions: farmer territory (north), centaur territory (southwest) and marefolk territory (southeast, by the lake's western shore). Land east of the lake is made largely inhospitable through the privations of savage, primitive gnolls, who have traditionally been kept in check by the marefolk and centaurs alike.
Places of interest
- River ford - a pair of special tiles; you can move from one to the other only with the Ford River command.
- The Old Caravanserai - north-western corner
- The Mill
- Anna's Farm
- Marefolk Village - on the lake shore, in the south-eastern corner of the map; as of 0.1.23, it's inaccessible.
- Centaur Ravine
- Hidden Cave - contains the glowing golden rune-inscribed armor that triggers the Mad Cow quest with Brint in the party.
The river splits the valley into north and south halves. The only way to cross it is via a ford in the east. There's a raised drawbridge in the west, but as of 0.1.23 there's no way to lower it.
South of the river, there's a lake to the east and a plateau to the west.
- Marefolk Shaman (north)
- Lupine Scouts (north)
- Centaur Pack (North and south)
- River Cultists, led by a Tainted Witch (river ford)
- Gnoll Raiders (south)
- Moth Girl (south)
- Slime Siblings (south, lakeside only)