One of the three starting zones of the game, the Foothills lie between the village and the mountain, and home to an orcish tribe who've set up camp in the north-eastern section of the map. The orcish warlord must be defeated to open the mountain pass. Worse, it's guarded by a wandering band of rapey orc amazons led by the futa war-captain Arona. A teleport stone resides in the orcish camp, hidden away in the ruins of an elvish outpost near the mountain pass. Abandoned Belharan watchtowers are constant sights, looming above the paths.
No sooner has the PC entered the Foothills that they come face to face with an ultra-curvy Jacques-tier Harpy Matron and her brood of aggressive daughters. The matron flies back to her nest in the High Mountains, but the thieving daughters will continue plaguing you whenever traveling through the region.
The western approach to the minotaur domain of Kor'Minos is guarded by a giant chasm and a squad of elite legionnaires, who will block passage into the next zone unless defeated or removed via story events.
- 1 Places of interest
- 2 Inhabitants
- 3 Items
- 4 Scenes
- 5 Quest Related
- 6 Trivia
Places of interest
- Hidden Spring - located in the top most point of the southern region
- Northward Path - leads to the Sexy Statues
- Collapsed Passage - leads towards Fort Marrok during the events of Shades of the Past
- Waystone - quick travel means that leads to the Ways Between (requires Inheriter of the Idols to be active/completed)
While the events of Right of Conquest have not been resolved, the orc party encounters will continue to be present:
- Arona and her roaming orc warband of Orc Amazons and Executioners located at the Northern and Western regions (the Champion must at least be level 3)
- Vaush - sometimes with his hunting party located at the same region's as Arona's warband
While the events of The Mistress has not occurred yet:
- Berwyn roams the Western and Southern regions, looking for a fight to train his summoning
- Harpy Matron - seen only once when first steeping into the Foothills
- The Harpy thieves found in all regions consisting of:
- The Marked Merk Mercenaries encountered at the Northern and Southern regions
- Lieutenant Jen - encountered in the same regions as the mercenaries (requires the Champion has defeated the mercenaries at least 5 times)
- Wyvern Girl located at the Western and Southern regions
- Manticore Girl encountered at the North and South regions (granted that the Champion is at least level 2)
- Mino Gate Guard - guard the gates to the domain of Kor'Minos (gates cannot be opened yet)
- Shar - located at the old watchtower at the top most of the north region
Items under this category are encountered when exploring that don't lead to items or characters and can provide helpful or harmful effects.
As the Champion ventures through the Northern region of the Foothills, they may encounter a cavalcade of head-sizes stones tumbling towards them (written by Savin). The Champion may:
- Run - Try and outrun the boulders!
- Shelter - Use a little quick thinking to find somewhere safe to hide!
- Shield - Put your magic to use and create an arcane barrier against the landslide!
|Run||Agility range + ((random of 1 to 20) / 100) of at least 60%|
|Shelter||Cunning range + ((random of 1 to 20) / 100) of at least 60%|
|Shield||Requires Black Mage or White Mage class|
Willpower range + ((random of 1 to 20) / 100) of at least 60%
After encountering Berwyn a few number of times, he will ask the Champion for help
Sturdy Stone can be found within all regions of the Foothills
Shar needs helped getting into an old watchtower
- Despite not being the starting area, the Foothills was the first area implemented. This was due to the amount of content that was already in-place instead of Old Forest.